FEMALE IN NEED OF URGENT HELP

Can you explain what relevance an earth wire is to a problem where a light won't switch off. :confused:

The way you wrote it struck me as a little rude. If it was not, then accept my apologies.

The reason I asked a simple yes/no question was to just establish whether this could be a possibility, without going into detail.

If she had a cpc, then switch cable damage leading to that symptom would be unlikely.

Sponsored Links
Ok, in reference to dissconnect the fan would i do this at the fan end or the lighting rose?
i have insulating tape ready but wanted to check first.
i hope its the fan end lol, because the rose wiring is like spagheti junction inside.

If disconnecting the fan does not fix the light issue ill have to call the landlord, maybe with a bit of luck he may send someone to fix it, im still waiting for him to send someone to replace a roof tile that slipped out over 12 months ago. Anyway thats that ive taken up enough of everyones time now, so all thats left to say is.......

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR PREVIOUS HELP ON THE LIGHT ISSUE.

At the ceiling rose is preferable, but if that really isn't practical or you think that you might end up disturbing the existing wiring then you can disconnect at the fan end. A piece of insulation tape over each individual wire will be fine for testing purposes, but if this solves your problem and the fan is to be disconnected permanently then you'll need to terminate the wires into terminal/choc blocks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back