Female in need with sime friendly boiler!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A plumber recently fixed my mix shower and a leaking tap. Since the repair has been done i have no hot water. I have tried turning the DHW tap but there was no sound of water to fix the presssure of the bolier. The boiler makes a rumbling noise and a click sound when i run water fom the hot water tap. However no hot water is produced. I have read the manual and attempted to light the pilot light but nothing happens when i follow the instructions. I therefore do not know if the problem is actually the pilot lght. I am puzzled as to what the cause could be?? Can anyone help me with this? The pressure is between 1 to 2 bars with the red dial (hand). The grey dial (hand) is more (about 4 bar). I have looked through the window (gap to see pilot light) and there was no light when turning a hot water tap on. I have tried turning the mains tap to change the water pressure. I have also tried to turn the two DHW tap in different combinations, but nothing happens. I have tried turning the electric supply off and on and tried to ignite the flame useing the H push in button but nothin happens.

The plumber that fixed the other issues has now gone to Turkey on holiday for a week and i have no hot water for this time. I do not want to be charged alot of money by a new plumber for something that is easily fixable just because i am female and live on my own.

If someone could instruct me on how to fix this problem, i would really appreciate it as i am not stupid, i am just not an expert on boilers.

Please !

Sponsored Links
do you actually get water from the hot tap - you seemed to ramble a tad :rolleyes:

My Sime Friendly runs arond 1.5 bar (grey finger). 4 bar seems to be very high. You might need to drain some of the water out, there is an in built drain pipe inside the boiler, to the right as you look into it. Drain it into a bucket slowly untill the guage reads 1.5 bar. This could be why your pilot wont light if its running too high a pressure. When my pilot light would not light it turned out the gas valve was faulty. That cost around 100 quid to replace. They are not the best boiler to have. I cant wait to get rid of mine.

Does yours give good hot water in the winter? I find its not very good at running a hot bath in winter, but ok for a shower. Also when running a bath does the water run hot for a good while then cool for a minute then back to hot again?

you just need a saint. I would come and see to your boiler but I'm too busy earning £20 over two days for British Gas so you can't afford me.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler is not very friendly at all.

The pressure is too high but that has no relevance to the boiler not lighting.

Let some out at a rad bleed screw!

I dont know why your boiler is not lighting. I think that you need a competent boiler engineer!

I do not want to be charged alot of money by a new plumber for something that is easily fixable just because i am female and live on my own.

Please !

You should not be charged any more or less regardless of being female or whoever you choose to live with.

Tony

Assuming this heap of junk is a permanent pilot model, if you can't light the pilot then you either;

- have no gas (smartcard meter locked out)?
- or there is a fault with the boiler that only a CORGI can fix, I'm afraid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back