fence hieght/planning permission ?

Sponsored Links
Phone your local planning dept. I suspect they don't allow them that high facing the road :cry:

Planning permission rules differ from region to region but in my area there are only limits on anything over 2 metres unless it is near a road and will obscure a previously clear view and seeing as you are in a cuddly sac then I cannot see that becoming relevant. It may be best to contact your local office for clarification.

Sponsored Links
You will need planning permission if....

Your House is a listed building.

If the fence or wall, is next to a highway used for vehicles (a footpath is part of the highway) - over 1m height requires permission.

Where it is not next to a highway, any fence or wall over 2m will require permission.

Hedges or trees - to whatever height - do not require planning permission! (Even if they are next to a highway.)

You will need to check that there were or are no restrictions on your property though: such as those that apply to 'open plan' estates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back