fence on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how can I fix fencing panels to top of concrete block wall. the wall is 4ft high, 12ft long. I wish to put a 3ft panel on top. many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The maximum permitted height for wall / fences without PP is 2m. Do you have the sort of neighbours who will make life difficult over the extra 6"? If so, it might be worth applying for PP if you haven't already.

The maximum permitted height for wall / fences without PP is 2m. Do you have the sort of neighbours who will make life difficult over the extra 6"? If so, it might be worth applying for PP if you haven't already.

It's only a few extra inches. I doubt anybody will notice.

Sponsored Links

Have you read any of the OP's prior posts?

There's going to be one hell of a leverage involved here - especially in winds.
By all means use the bolt down shoes, but extra support will be needed every other post - maybe by fixing timber uprights to one side of the wall, and connecting these to the bolted uprights with a timber spacer.
John :)

There's going to be one hell of a leverage involved here - especially in winds.
By all means use the bolt down shoes, but extra support will be needed every other post - maybe by fixing timber uprights to one side of the wall, and connecting these to the bolted uprights with a timber spacer.
John :)

I have used these with no problems John, but don't see any harm in what you suggest, particularly on an exposed site.

Have you read any of the OP's prior posts?

No, just this one ceres.

Clearly.

I ain't going read somebodies history when they post. I reply to the question asked.

The gent asked a perfectly reasonable question that merited a response.

I ain't going read somebodies history when they post. I reply to the question asked.

The gent asked a perfectly reasonable question that merited a response.

You didn't reply to the OP, you commented on my reply. The OP didn't mention 2m or PP. I did.

So what was your point? That I can't calculate the difference between 2m and 7ft (it's only a few inches)? Or that I shouldn't have bothered drawing the attention of the OP to the planning requirements (I doubt anybody will notice)?

4 feet + 3 feet as stated by op = 7 feet or 84".

2 metres = 78.75"

Difference = 5.25"

If concerned op can reduce the fence by trimming, but personally I would go with a standard panel. If somebody complains then I would trim the fence panel, but I doubt that will be necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back