fence on wall

4 feet + 3 feet as stated by op = 7 feet or 84".

2 metres = 78.75"

Difference = 5.25"

If concerned op can reduce the fence by trimming, but personally I would go with a standard panel. If somebody complains then I would trim the fence panel, but I doubt that will be necessary.

So your point is yes, I can't calculate the difference and yes, I shouldn't have bothered. Glad you cleared that up.

Sponsored Links
I am going to reduce the height of the panels to 20ins.as wall is between two houses, the wind direction is between the houses so very little wind pressure on side of fence. hope this makes sense.

I am going to reduce the height of the panels to 20ins.as wall is between two houses, the wind direction is between the houses so very little wind pressure on side of fence. hope this makes sense.

It makes perfect sense dark shadow.

Assuming the fencing is waney lap type:

I have found that if you remove the bottom timbers (carefully), and try to keep the original nails. Then cut the side timbers to length, (most of the surplus waney pieces will fall out, but leave the one that will need trimming to height in situ) put the bottom timbers in their new position and nail to secure - you should have a piece of waney pertruding from it, now you can cut this with a sharp saw, using the bottom timbers as a guide for the saw to follow. You can treat the cut timbers to preserve.

I hope that make sense!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back