fence post problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been out replacing broken panels

anyway got a bit of a problem, some of the posts are bent thereofre the gravel boards or panels wont slide in

also there is a distance of 6ft 2inc between a set of posts so a panel wont hold in and neither will the gravel board

any ideas on what i can do?

Sponsored Links
b21playa said:
also there is a distance of 6ft 2inc between a set of posts so a panel wont hold in and neither will the gravel board

knock a 2" batten onto the panel before sliding it in. leave the batten 12 inches longer than the panel and fix a galvanized retaining cleat to the bottom of it to hold the g.b.

was your fencing erected by three blind men and a camel by the way?

noseall said:
b21playa said:

knock a 2" batten onto the panel before sliding it in. leave the batten 12 inches longer than the panel and fix a galvanized retaining cleat to the bottom of it to hold the g.b.

was your fencing erected by three blind men and a camel by the way?

cheers mate

yeah i think they were blind, well must have been. only got the house recently and was erected some years ago as the panels are well and trully damaged and been repaired a fair few times.

i know someone who makes gravel boards so gonna ask him if he can make me one that is 2 inches longer :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back