Fence problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fence at the back of the garden which is up on a bank. It consists of nine slotted concrete posts (which I believe were around nine feet in height when they were put in) and the distance between each post is 6 feet. Also between the posts are cement blocks 17*8.5*8.5 inches . Panels are 5feet high by 6feet wide and are slotted in between the concrete posts.
My question:
When there are strong winds I usually end up losing a fence panel which bends etc in the wind/rain and becomes dislodged/damaged so I have to have a replacement panel fitted.
Can anyone advise me what type of fence panel or other things I should use.
Would it be safe for me to add further concrete blocks and maybe have small fence or no fence and just block?
Please note I would not do any of this work myself but would get a fence/builder.
Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Assuming the existing panels are something like larchlap, or equivalent, you could consider ranch panels, which tend to be a bit stiffer. Another thought would be to use a 4ft panel with a 1ft trellis on top, which would reduce the wind loading - assuming you are happy with the potential loss of privacy due to the trellis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back