Fencing Question for Newbie!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

My partner and I are just buying our first house and I just noticed on a viewing that the fencing was banging around in the wind.

All the fencing is new, and it's basically concrete posts with a "slot" in them, with wooden panels in between the posts.

However the panels don't fit tightly in the slot as they are narrower than the gap, so in the wind, they were banging against the sides of the slot in the post.

Are these meant to be fixed in with something?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
They are designed to be easy to replace if you want just cut some wooden wedges to tap in and hold the fence against one side of the groove or the other.

You could use plastic wedges or even folded wads of roofing felt whatever comes to hand really.

some slotted posts have holes you can put m8 bolts through so drill through the panel beading and bolt them.

Or screw through the beading until the screw tip hits the post and tightens the fit, do it at a upward angle and it stops people from easily sliding up the panels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back