Fernox F4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small drip on one of the copper solder joints underneath a radiator. System is a combi pressurised.

I'm going to give Fernox F4 a try, but the instructions does not say whether the system should be drained and flushed if the leak has been sealed.

Do you leave F4 in the system and can you then add the normal system protection fluid?

Richard

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I'd read the instructions but wasn't sure whether you cleaned the system out once leak had been cured or left it in.

Richard

Firstly is the joint accessible or can be made accessible to fix?
If the joint is not causing damage beneath it, I would do the flush and chemical clean first.
But if you are draining down, which you will if adding chemical cleaner, then repair the joint!

With regards to whether a chemical clean/flush is required, would depend on the condition of the fluid in the system?

Sponsored Links
The joint is visible but it's in a tight location which would require quite a bit of dismantling to repair. Is there such a thing as a sliding solderless fitting? This would allow me to cut out the problem joint and insert a repair section without having to move all the other pipework.

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back