Ferolli Boiler

Sponsored Links
this site is best laugh ive had in years i'd love to watch you all carry out these repairs

Hideho.
Thanks sdb5 & weargas. The heatspares site didn't have a picture so I wasn't too sure what the part I have ordered looks like. I am going to attempt this by myself as sadly the reputable company (found in Yellow pages with all the Corgi registration etc. available) didn't do it for me. Instead of checking this first, they replaced my PCB at a total cost of £417 - parts & labour. I can't afford to go through this again and have come to the conclusion that I can't really trust the companies not to take me for a ride. I'm quite a practical person & will drain the system in order to reduce the pressure before attempting this as I can always fill it again easily (something you need an engineer for apparently). Rachie

spares10(sensors).gif

except the plastic on yours will be green.

Sponsored Links
No offence taken and advice was most certainly given in good faith. In my defence it was really very easy; in yours, yes there is a lot of water at 1bar or so...

The picture of the part from Weargas is spot on.

Rachie, it's up to you...but since you are draining the system - no problems at all. You just need to shoot whoever charged you £417!!!

I'm new to this forum but found it via Google since I also have problem with a Ferroli Optima 701.

A Ferolli engineer did a maintenance service on the boiler and after that the DWH temperature started fluctuating - my shower goes from really hot to luke warm in a cycle of about 2 mins. I first thought it was the thermostatic mixer on the shower so changed it to a pressure Balance type especially for Combis but the problem was the same even if the initial temperature control was better. I've done further checks with mixing H & C taps and found the same problem.

I rang Ferolli and their technical people immediately pointed to the HW sensor but reading these posts it could also be the potentiometer setting. The only other thing I can think of is that I have turned the mains gate valve open only a little way hence reducing the Head pressure, since it was too strong, I assume that this could cause a problem with generating hot water but would not explain the fluctuations...

Can anyone offer some advice??

Hideho sdb5 & weargas
Just to let you know I am alive & well and lovely & toasty after having finally got round to changing the thermister on my boiler. I bled the radiators to take the pressure right down & hardly any water dribbled out at all. I'm so chuffed with myself but couldn't have done it without you.
Thanks for all your help :D
Rachie

Can I start by saying a BIG thank you to all on this forum who have offered and talked a solution to what seems to be a common problem with hot DHW and only warm CH.
I'm at the stage where I have swapped the Thermist Red with the blue cables and found that my CH is now too hot to touch (Can I leave it that way?) - this would indicate that I have a failing thermister however, I do still have very hot water !!!

Interested to know your thoughts

Hi,
I moved into my current place in July and installed a new bathroom, which was provided hot water by a ferrolli Modena 80 boiler. For a few months the hot water was hot and plentiful, but then the hot water became intermittent. It stared to run cold after a few minutes and then after a few minutes run warm and then cold etc. It gradually got worse and so I called in britsih Gas engineers. After several visits by several differnt engineers I had a new theromostat sensor, mother board, pipes drained etc. The hot water still runs hot then cold the hot but not cold for so long which still makes showering difficult. Another BG engineer and another themosat sensor but still the same intermitten hot water.

I am not a DIY-er and need any advice any-one can provide as British Gas don't seem to be able to help. Thanks Nicki :cry:

You have added to a posting two years old!

It sounds as if you have the usual blocked plate heat exchanger.

Sorry that BG people have done so badly. Somewhere they have someone who is quite good but you have to persevere and find him.

Just get back on to BG and insist that they send somebody competent instead of the dead wood!

Tony Glazier

agile you do not work on modenas then,they do not have a plate heat ex water running hot then cold could be a thermistor or something else but you need a competent person to diagnose the problem,i would start with the flue/fan/venturi/min gas pressure/max gas pressure,also check for copper sulphide in the gas line enjoy :LOL:

Modenas and other Ferrolis using the same PCB can have this problem due to a PCB fault. In the example I'm thinking of, the fault also meant that the HW temperature control did not work properly. Looked at first like a thermister problem - but wasn't.

Both sensors need to be changed on these.
(Sort of) true. Yes - they're sold in pairs. But there's little variation in the resistance values, old to new. And the replacements are not actually 'matched pairs' as such, AFAIK.

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with a Ferolli boiler. I have a Maxima 35C that is less that 2years old I cannot count the number of times they have been required to visit for it failing. As it is a combi when it fails there is no heating or hot water.
There after sales care is atrocious with engineers taking on average 48 hours to arrive. Last Thursday they fitted a new heat exchanger in the system and still not rectified the problem with the hot water now being intermittant. Rang this in before 09:00 this AM still waiting for them to get back to let me know if anyone can visit (as per usual)!!!.

If you are thinking of intstalling a Ferolli, don't you would be better off with a log fire and tin kettle.

I would appreciate any ideas to help me get this resolved with them, am open to suggestions.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back