Ferroli 77FF plume flue managment kit

I have moved into the property approx 8 yrs ago, nothing was picked up on the survey and my solicitor didn't advise me to get a boiler report.
As with most things though, I suppose new regs bring new problems that weren't initially there years ago.
I have had a new flat roof fitted around 4 years ago. He also fitted the facia panel in the same place. The gap from the bottom of the flue to the door opening is only 100mm.
I am guessing a main problem that this must not be done is as my combi boiler has an aluminium inner flue, others use plastic with rubber seals which will just get far too hot and perish causing all sorts of unwanted and possibly dangerous problems.
PS I had removed the flue cone on the pics to measure diameter size of internal flue.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Mmmmm, very interesting. Thanks for that. Sounds like a brilliant solution. I will soon be able to put a piece in, a couple of screws and a some white sealant....job done :D
You are a genius Picasso. I would maybe have to get another tester though, I don't think the original would be too impressed haha!

Sponsored Links
Haha, yes very true. Maybe a little justice too as he must have noticed where the flu was positioned as soon as he got to the door, but chose to start the test to get his cash.
I suppose a bit like taking your car for an MOT with no tyres fitted. Start it only to fail it....maybe I am just being too harsh?? :unsure:

Very good photos, so it failed on the 300mm adjacent to an opening (door or window).

Have you got the makers installation instructions,the next gas tech may have different ideas but by showing the installation instructions it will show what that boiler requires.

Good remedy thou, from picasso.

I have previewed the installation instructions a couple of days ago. I can soon print it off for him.
Would the boiler requirements not change over the years though? Sorry if I've misunderstood?

The requirements are stated in the publication from the boiler maker so it relates to the date (approx) when that boiler was sold/installed ,there are other documents available if the makers documents are not available.These could be more harsh.

Haha, yes very true. Maybe a little justice too as he must have noticed where the flu was positioned as soon as he got to the door, but chose to start the test to get his cash.
You obviously employed him to carry out a gas safety record to which is neither a pass nor a fail certificate.
Was he called solely to inspect the position of flue terminal or were other gas related inspections carried out?
You deserve all you get.:rolleyes:

slagging off the engineer who correctly pointed out your problem is unlikely to get you much advice on here, would you have preferred that he said sort the flue , then came back and told you to sort the gas supply, then came back and told you sort the ventilation , do you see where I am going with this

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Yes I asked for a boiler service which is what my solicitor was asked for. A gas installation/safety record was provided to me from the engineer. There are obviously as you are aware check boxes Y/N and some are NA. My fault, I was reading it as a sort of MOT failure sheet.
I have already supplied this sheet to my solicitors but I said I would try to get it resolved in around 1 week (when I was originally told to get a management kit).

Okay sorry sorry sorry. He said my only was solution was a new boiler. He didn't seem that helpful after just spending 5 mins there.
Sorry for any previous remarks stated, no offence intended at all.

House sold as seen , if the vendors really want the property then stick your heels in and say take it or leave it.

plume management kits are only for High efficiency boilers, and are mostly made of plastic, and you boiler is a standard efficiency boiler with a metal flue as the gasses are much higher, you can not swap them or use any other manufacturers flue it has to be designed for that boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back