Ferroli 77FF plume flue managment kit

Thanks. Yes they wont pull out of the sale this far down the line will they.

Sponsored Links
House sold as seen , if the vendors really want the property then stick your heels in and say take it or leave it.
might be different in England steel, as in Scotland buyer has six days from exchanging contracts to have the heating system examined, and any defects have to be reported within the six days

Yes Ian, I have found out a little earlier they aren't interchangeable due to this
Thanks

A slightly different installation manual may be found via google search, ferroli-combi-77-p-installation-manual-How to Video

Your download does not show the GC number of the appliance,this number links the publication with your boiler,it has to be correct.

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks Rulers! Will check it and print it off tomorrow. Cheers!

slagging off the engineer who correctly pointed out your problem is unlikely to get you much advice on here, would you have preferred that he said sort the flue , then came back and told you to sort the gas supply, then came back and told you sort the ventilation , do you see where I am going with this

Hi Ian
One more question if I may, does the NA actually mean Not Applicable, or Not Available ie If Not available and he couldn't/hasn't checked the gas analysis, the safe to use could still end up being a 'N' if the CO2 reading is not as should be.

As Dan has already said, NA on the form refers to Not Applicable, CO2 readings on your boiler would not warrant any safety notice being issued, only excessive CO would be a reason for causes of concern, your boiler is a standard efficiency boiler, so during the checks there is no requirement to record CO2 and CO levels in the exhaust gasses, from what I have read the engineer has been very thorough and correct in everything that he/she has done, you have an unfortunate situation but in now way is it the fault of the engineer that correctly brought it to your attention.

Hi Dan/Ian
thank you very much. I appreciate all comments and guidance from everyone. I also appreciate the engineer is very good at his job, I just wanted a little more guidance to see if there was any more avenues to explore other than boiler replacement. Sorry if my earlier comment may have seemed any different.

Will update in a few days with the conclusion.

Many thanks all! :mrgreen:

As mentioned by Dan and other, Flue gas analysis is not required on your boiler.thats why you need the makers installation instructions.

In that check list there is what looks like a N in the ventilation satisfactory tick box,is it in a cupboard ?.

The last gas tech could have serviced the appliance (during the service other safety issues could be found) and then go through the unsafe appliance procedure,then you would have done what the buyers solicitor has asked for. Some will disagree thou.

DP yes indeed,we dont know what was discussed on site.

There may be other safety issues within the boiler so during a service they would be identified and then maybe a new boiler would be the only resolution.

Looks like an old boiler with little service history.

Edit,personally i would have dealt with the buyers solicitors in a different way,heard all those questions before and its always about money not safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DP
Next will be the wiring on the outside of the building . Looks like T&E . They're just trying to chip a bit off the price.

I would have preferred to have seen the photo with the "cone" in place.

Presume it is the flue terminal.

Clever workaround by lowering the surround.

That would be fine for Dan's wife but not so good for Dan.

I suggest a new gas engineer is asked to service the boiler as that does not seem to have been done.

Sounds as if the guy why came was short of work and expected you to just pay him a couple of thousand to replace the boiler!

But be aware that your boiler is relatively old model and that brand is no longer viewed as very reliable. But that particular model was very good and described as "fit and forget" around Birmingham where a lot seemed to be fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back