Ferroli 77FF Poular - Pilot not re-igniting

Yes that is right - The PCB has Red, Green and Orange lit meaning power, Call for heating, and airflow but the main burner will not light after lighting the pilot - It just goes out when I release the button.

Sponsored Links
if the pilot will not stay lit it has nothing at all to do with the gas valve operator. it's either a thermocouple, a weak pilot, the overheat stat or the mag unit on the gas valve.

OK - What is a mag unit?

The pilot is very strong whilst I hold the button in.

I tested all the thermocouples (apprx 940 Ohm @ 17 Deg C) and cut out sensors and they checked ok.

ozbodd said:
I tested all the thermocouples

theres only one. you may be thinking of thermistors, they have nothing to do with the pilot either. The thermocouple is the copper wire that leads up to the pilot. The pilot flame burns across the tip of it creating an electrical charge of milliamps. this charge then holds open an electromagnetic unit housed in the multifunctional gas valve. when you press the pilot button you are pressing the mag unit as well as letting gas to the pilot. if the thermocouple has failed, then when you let go of the button the mag unit will close stopping the gas.

Sponsored Links
Bingo - It was the Thermocouple.

Bought a universal thermocouple replaced it and all is OK. I was able to test it by connecting it and holding the probe into the pilot. Thanks for all your help Weargas you are an asset to this forum.

Cheers

ozbodd said:
Weargas you are an asset to this forum.

A little donkey?????????????

ozbodd, if you were better at explaining faults we could have done this within 2 replies.
icon_smile.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back