Ferroli Boiler help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I got a ferroli combi boiler from about 1992.
It hasn't been used a lot since this was a holiday flat so it's not really old.
Everything works well except for the fact that when it lights up for heating as it's warming up, i can see at times the gas seems to stop and then few seconds later it relights and on and on like that. I have done a service on it so i wonder if its because i thighted the cassing screws to tight ? and they might be some air coming in from the fan section that makes it turn off the gas ? Or what else could it be or is it just normal ? Thank you very much.

Phil.

Sponsored Links
philip001 said:
Hi,
I got a ferroli combi boiler from about 1992.
I have done a service on it so i wonder if its because i thighted the cassing screws to tight ? and they might be some air coming in from the fan section that makes it turn off the gas ?
Phil.

You should only be working on a gas appliance if its your own property AND you are competent with gas.

From what you have said above you seem to be potentially dangerous.

Do the right thing and get a competent CORGi to fix the problem SAFELY !

Tony

i had a similar problem which was cured by changing the venturi in the fan but other symptoms will cause this

Sponsored Links
Ferroli combis of that era have positive pressure cases and are therefore potentially very dangerous. We should be careful not to give any encouragement to non-RGIs to meddle with them (adrian k please note).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back