ferroli modena 102 little or no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI CAN ANY BODY HELP I HAVE A FERROLI MODENA 102 COMBI CENTRAL HEATING BOILER .THE HEATING WORKS FINE BUT WHEN YOU NEED HOT WATER IT ONLY SWITCHES OVER FOR APPROX.30SECS IN WHICH TIME YOU DONT GET MUCH HOT WATER IF YOU RUN THE HOT WATER TAP IT WILL KEEP SWITCHING THE BOILER ON ONLY FOR 30 SECS APPROX.ALSO CAN ANY TELL ME WHERE TO GET A USER MANUAL AS MINE HAS GOT LOST.........

Sponsored Links
can't find the manual, but don't these things have two pumps? if so, likely that the DHW one has failed.

What are you talking about Eliteheat, 2 pumps?

Boiler has a bi-thermal heat exchanger and the single pump is used for heating only.

Does the hot water light on the front panel stay lit while the tap is open?

Manuals from http://www.ferroli.co.uk/

NO THEY don't HAVE TWO PUMPS, MAIN FAULT ARE THE THERMISTORS AND GAS PRESSURES GET A TRAINED ENG TO LOOK NOT DIY teritory

Sponsored Links
Gasguru said:
What are you talking about Eliteheat, 2 pumps?

Oops! I'll get me coat then. I'm sure some of those have two pumps or have I totally lost it

My apologies I was getting confused with the Maxima - which I DO have the manual for!

The Ferroli Arena also has 2 pumps Eliteheat.

None are remotely like the Modena though ;)

He should know! He had to change one a couple of months ago!

Sounds as if could be the DHW flow switch faulty on the original poster's ( remember him anyone? ) boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back