Ferroli Modena 30c HE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Hi, my merchant managed to persuade me to fit one of these (rather reluctantly). Having read numerous reviews on ferroli (most bad) I was pleasantly suprised. It is very small and very light but also very simple to fit and so much room in it due to the lack of diverter valve and plate to plate.
I would fit another one which was not the response i was expecting to have before i fitted it!

I am also considering fitting one of these Ferroli Modena. Can the pipes be routed up behind the boiler?
Whats your opinion of the overall construction of them?
Many thanks.

I think they do a spacing frame if needed but not sure. Again I was surprised by the build quality, Italian manufactures are normally synonymous with poor build quality but it seemed a good solid piece of kit. They have very little plastic and a lot of stainless which to me is great. Very surprised by the product. If you do try one I would be interested in your thoughts! I may of just been lucky haha

Sponsored Links
You have had a few breakdowns? That concerns me as I was told the boiler was only launched this year? Or have you worked on the old Modena? I have worked on a few of the old modenas

I tend to fit products on face value rather than the badge. Fitted plenty of Worcestershire and nothing but trouble..ever since I have fitted them on what on the Inside not how nice they look on the outside. As I said was impressed with the Modena

Just thought i'd add to this thread as i have now fitted five of the new Modena's. First i would say for its money and a full 5 year warranty its good so i thought i'd take the chance, £100 per year is cheaper than all service contracts anyway!! All have been great although the fifth did have a small air issue being the highest point of the system which casued the guage to bounce. I called Ferroli at about 10 and by 3pm i had an engineer with me, granted this may not be every time but fantastic none the less.. He advised that this would clear when i added inhibitor which i did whilst he was present as i did doubt him. Sure enough now all ok. Will definately fit more.

Thing i DONT like about the new Modena is that pressure gauge under the boiler on the valve. looks naff to say least. Cant seem to find a rear pipe standoff either.

Fitted 3 in the one week, as got them cheap from merchant who stated he cannot shift them..Now I know why,, 2 of them began leaking, it took Ferroli 4 fays to attend, first boiler pin holed heat exchanger-I had to replace at my cost. the other required a new pump housing. I am sh..tt...g myself now waiting on calls from customers of these boilers. Incidently met another installer when I was returning the boiler which was pinholed,,who was laughing as he said he had fitted one the week before and got nowt but hassle and Ferroli are far from helpfull, he said he took it off wall and left back at merchant and is fighting Ferroli for refund. Will keep clear off now.

How long was it installed before it pinholed? They are stainless steel and I was told there is no seem or joins in the heat exchanger. Surely a heat exchanger can't pinhole within 6 months? I had there last model with the aluminium heat exchanger pinhole but that was after 2 years

There's stainless steel, and there's stainless steel...

The chances of Ferrolli using anything remotely decent are as slim as a slim thing in a small place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back