Ferroli Modena 30c HE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had no problems and the only way I could see it pin whole is if it was on a bad system without chemicals. It's I said I had an aluminium heat exchanger pin hole that's why I was reluctant to try the new one but having been shown the stainless heat exchanger it looks better built than the giannoni one used buy Vaillant and most other manufactures.

Sponsored Links
I am also considering fitting one of these Ferroli Modena. Can the pipes be routed up behind the boiler?
Whats your opinion of the overall construction of them?
Many thanks.

Did'nt pay much attention. light weight easy to fit

I have to look after two of these and they just won't go away :LOL:

Avoid at all costs, just another Ferroli abortion.

They are full of enthusiasm at the moment offering a reasonable call out time in order to support & promote the new model. The software on Ferroli is as good as it comes (if u know how to play with it) and they are advanced for a cheapish boiler. The issue will be if they turn their backs on these like they did with the Optimax when that model started to bleed them dry with warranty. Cheap boilers are fitted by cheap people using the cheapest installers. Every corner is cut. To get around dirt in the system warranty opt out by a plate heat exchanger & pump instead of a decent flush might save the day - but if u r gonna go to that expense - fit a decent boiler?

Sponsored Links
Eco warrior. Yes the bad installers may chose cheap boilers but decent installers will also fit them as an option who can't afford to pay for a badge. Worcester are the biggest brand out there but yet the product is one of the worst despite the price tag, more plastic than toys r us. I have fitted The new ferroli and it's a better build quality than worcester by a mile. Considering most manufactures use the same parts no one makes a bad boiler now it's just if you want to pay for a badge or not. The trouble is too many people pass judgement on kit they have never fitted. I for one think the quality of boiler on the market is as good as its ever been.

Eco warrior. Yes the bad installers may chose cheap boilers but decent installers will also fit them as an option who can't afford to pay for a badge. Worcester are the biggest brand out there but yet the product is one of the worst despite the price tag, more plastic than toys r us. I have fitted The new ferroli and it's a better build quality than worcester by a mile. Considering most manufactures use the same parts no one makes a bad boiler now it's just if you want to pay for a badge or not. The trouble is too many people pass judgement on kit they have never fitted. I for one think the quality of boiler on the market is as good as its ever been.

You must work for Ferroli. :LOL:

All the Ferroli's I have worked on are badly conceived and built rubbish. Worcester are not fabulous boilers but at least you can get parts for them.

I recently went to a similar HE 31 C Ferroli with a blank display and not working.

After three days the boiler started working again. Now the customer does not expect me to charge her for my visit! I wonder why?

Whilst there I exposed the pCB and moved the bits to try to see if it would come back on. It had power to the PCB and the LV supply.

Posted here several months ago so just logged on again to see new threads. Felt that i should comment as i've now installed well over 20 Modena's and all have been great. Few things that i have found out from the local rep which may help others:

System boiler now out in this range 18 & 25KW, will try one soon and post.
Stand off frame for rear piping due before end of this year

He also suggested that despite the increase in demand and sales, failures have remained low which i can only agree with. I will say try one like i did before assuming its the "same old Ferroli".

I was very suprised when my local merchant pushed fowards the ferroli after having problems in the past but my customer wanted a 5 year warranty product and didnt want to pay the earth for the boiler i was very suprised with how far Ferroli have come the modena it was very easy to install a even better price and even know i said i would never fit a ferroli again i now dont fit anything else

Cracking Boiler the ferroli modena

I have now fitted over 100 of these boilers and have not had one issue or complaint , I started fitting them when they released the new Modena ,I am also a Baxi, Remeha installer and EX Worcester Bosch engineer , I get fed up with all the tripe and waffle on hear about all the so called not true I heard it in the pub breakdowns , I can factually say they are a good boiler with a good warranty and far better than anything Worcester have on the market at the minute , so for you idiots who are scared of change keep being loyal to the high end boilers which break down , the last two Valiants I fitted have had new PCBS in warranty within a month .

I have to look after two of these and they just won't go away :LOL:

Avoid at all costs, just another Ferroli abortion.

why do you have to look after them they are under warranty , or didn't you register them or fit them properly :mrgreen:

To show cock ends with a vested interest in one maker that there is not just one boiler maker in the world. LOL. And to show punters the choice. This thread was highlighted in the other similar threads thingy. People look at these. And no the Ferroli is not crap, the Modena is quality. BTW, the Modena has a 36kW model that gives 16.4 litres per minute of hot water, about 25% more that the best Intergas. In such a small box as well. Impressive. Intergas, your baby that pays your wages, need to up their act. Now the Ferroli is here, Intergas do not have an unassailable lead. Far from it.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back