Ferroli Optima 701 Breakdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
My boiler has stopped working as the fan will not run. I have diagnosed the LEDs which show everything is fine. The top part of the fan runs freely so that isn't seized or sticking.
There doesn't appear to be power to the fan, relay R4(Fan relay) does a lot of buzzing but as it is transparent i can see it is energising properly. I can also see some blackness inside the relay but i understand this can be common without indicating a problem.
Is there anything else i can check or anything else that the power goes through or condition that must be present after the relay but before the fan?
I was getting a fitter round but after i told him this he just said it was almost certainly the pcb and that would be about £280 but i'd be better getting a new one for 1500 and try scrappage scheme. Can't really afford that much and not sure if i call someone else out that they will say the same?

Help Please :confused:

Sponsored Links
Yes looks like the PCB requires changing.

BTW that boiler do,s not qualify for the boiler scrappage scheme

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back