Ferroli Optimax HE 25S problem - familiar?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I thought the house was cold this morning when I woke up and it seems my system boiler (Ferroli Optimax HE25S) has a problem. Clearly it wasn't heating the house, but rather than showing a fault code, the screen was just blank.

I checked the power supply, and also a couple of fuses I found on the main PCB thanks to the wiring diagram in the manual, so nothing obviously wrong in terms of just not having power. Once the cover was off, there was some sign of life - the transformer on the PCB hums (so power there) and there's a faint hum from something higher up in the boiler, but the main pump isn't running.

So has anyone else had a similar problem, and is the only solution a replacement PCB? Incidentally, does anyone know the part number for this? There are plenty of online spares places, but I haven't found a PCB for an Optimax HE25S on their sites.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Sponsored Links
boiler should be under warrenty 2yrs standard or five if you know the right people ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back