Ferroli Optimax HE31C - total failure, no CH or HW !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if anyone can advise but I have a 12 month old Ferroli Optimax HE31C which has failed over the xmas period - no heating or hot water :( Display was completely blank - not a sausage, checked plug fuse (all OK) checked inside the boiler and found that BOTH board fuses (250v 3.15A) had blown. Replaced fuses and boiler ran for a couple of minutes then fuses went again.

Can anyone advise what may have caused the fail - is it a component or more likley to be the PCB.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Steve :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Just spoken to Ferroli technical and they suspect the pump (although a bit vague really) ?? Would I be able to disconnect the pump and run boiler in DHW mode to confirm if this is the problem ??

Steve

Best thing you can do is get somebody competant in to fix it,otherwise your gonna be colder a lot longer.

Sponsored Links
All fixed. :D

Isolated the pump and put 240v across it - blown fuse immediately. Got replacement Grundfos 15-50 from PTS, split head from body and replaced the faulty one in the boiler. Easy peasy, only took 30 mins and all is now warm and toasty !!!

Steve

Just noticed your post - you may be able to answer my question which is what temperature should the boiler (flow) be set at in this really cold weather? We've got the room temperature set at 21degrees but its taking hours to get to that and struggles around 18.5 for the first few hours when we switch it on.

Post dont make any sense they have 5year parts and labour on that boiler that you seem to have now voided.

Just read last post....

you have a 31C as well i guess. Turn the flow temp up until warm uop times are comfortable. How quickly your home heats up depends on so many factors.

But in cold snaps you need to have it a little higher.

Registered Gas Man";p="1466631 said:
Post dont make any sense they have 5year parts and labour on that boiler ................quote]

.......and the moon is made from real cheese.

Sorry to be a bit flippant but have you tried getting Ferroli to honour it ?? I didn't have the time or the patience to get them to agree it was a fault they should sort --- with the weather doing it's thing, additional delay was not on my agenda. For the sake of a few quid, at least it's now all warm and cosy.

Steve

Thank you Registered Gas Man - I've upped it by 5 degrees and the rads are already much hotter.

Installed 5 of these piles of pooh and everyone broke down and everyone has been repaired, by Ferroli.

If you were going to do your own repairs what attracted you to the boiler. Obviously wasn't the warranty.

You're right :)

It wasn't the warranty, it was the price. Still, the old addages always hold true and there are so many that apply here - you get what you pay for or perhaps, you reap what you sow, or possibly fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

If it goes, it goes - the next one will be something more akin to a reputable make (if there is such a thing ;) Probably a Vailant ;)

Keep warm

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back