Fiesta encore R Reg demister not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a R reg fiesta a couple of months ago and had tons of little problems. This is just one of them - the rear wiper will only work when I press the rear de-mister switch and the de-mister doesn't work at all. There was no owners manual with the car but I suspect I should be using the wiper stick to turn the rear wiper on?

Sponsored Links
Bought a R reg fiesta a couple of months ago and had tons of little problems. This is just one of them - the rear wiper will only work when I press the rear de-mister switch and the de-mister doesn't work at all. There was no owners manual with the car but I suspect I should be using the wiper stick to turn the rear wiper on?

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a £2.50 grunion plunger,any spares shop should have one and very easy to fit,about 5 minutes no tools required.

Have a look where the cables come into the bootlid. There is probaby a break in one of the cables.

If there isn't any cables going to the boot, look for a plastic plate with 3 or 4 brass pins on it. When the boot is closed these will make contact with a plastic plate with some brass terminals on. Make sure these are nice and clean, use a plastic pan scourer to clean them up

Thanks, I'll look into the grunion thing and also look for cable/plastic plate. Just thought I'd mention The de-mister used to work when the button on the dash was pressed in but the wiper didn't work at all. I replace a couple of fuses and after that the de-mister was on all the time regardless of wether the button was pressed in or not and I only used the button on the dash to turn on the rear wiper. So is it right to use the de-mister button on the dashboard to activate the rear wiper?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'll look into the grunion thing and also look for cable/plastic plate. Just thought I'd mention The de-mister used to work when the button on the dash was pressed in but the wiper didn't work at all. I replace a couple of fuses and after that the de-mister was on all the time regardless of wether the button was pressed in or not and I only used the button on the dash to turn on the rear wiper. So is it right to use the de-mister button on the dashboard to activate the rear wiper?

In that case i would definatly say the grunion plunger is faulty not an electrical fault.

I have seen one where the contact plate under the plungers melted and twisted out of shape because of a dirty contact.

Back