1997 Ford Fiesta Encore 1.3L Screen Wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - just a short simple question,

I have a 1997 Ford Fiesta Encore 1.3L as stated above...

Now the screenwash is not coming out all the jets are clear and when i push the button in the car the wipers move and i can hear the pump but nothing comes out. (yes there is screenwash in the container)

Any sujestions on what the problem could be?

i was thinking maybe:
container was blocked...
pump not working properly
don't appear to be a leak anywhere.

all replies welcome,

regards,

carlos

Sponsored Links
Flip the pump out and clear the small rubber grommet which has a built in filter out.It will have a jelly like blockage caused by cheap screenwash.

But check the easy stuff first:-
- Was it cold - were the washer jets frozen ?
- Disconnect the pipes from the jets, activate the washers, does water come out with some force? If so its the jets that are blocked.
- Else its the pump/filter.

All the best

Many thanks for your replies,

-I disconnect the jets and nothing comes out. (however still noise from the pump)
-It is not frozen.

Regarding to what laldog posted. There is no access for me to get to this gromet. Obviously i am not a car mechanic and it would be wrong for me to interfere with something above my competence.

Therefore you suggest i take it to a repair centre now all the simple common faults have been ruled out?

regards,

carlos

Sponsored Links
The motor is located in te base of the water bottle.if you have only basic skills you still should be able to take the motor out of the water bottle.If you feel you cant tackle it and you do take it to a garage dont be ripped off.It should take no more than 15 mins to do this job and assuming i am right NO parts will be needed.(they may charge for screenwash).
Go on have a go yourself it really is not that hard.

Back