Fiesta. No heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heating not working in my 98 Fiesta Encore. Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
does the fan work and bring cold air out? or the fan doesnt work at all

Yes, the fan works but just blows cold air out.

ok, does the car heat up ok, meaning does the tempreture rise from cold?

Sponsored Links
check the level of coolant in the expansion bottle first as if its low no heat is the first symptom, if thats ok you need to check if the hot /cold knob connections are ok as sometimes these can become faulty.

Coolant level normal. Hot/cold dial on dash seems OK but I don't think you can get to any connections behind this knob! There is no resistence when turning. I think it must be an electronic device rather than opening/closing a flap.

Ok can you see the coolant pipes which go to the bulkhead? If so start car and get it to normal operating temperature, then touch the pipes to see if they are hot. Let me know.Jim.p.s Check both pipes which are under the bonnet.

Engine at operating temperature. Standing at front of car. Two pipes on engine side baking hot. Two pipes on other side of (is it the 'heater diverter valve') box to the bulkhead - left one pretty damned hot - right hand side one fairly warm.

its nothing to do with the above, this is a common problem on ford and one I have experienced before, its either one of two things the resistor tat controls the heat has gone and will need replacing, or most likely...the heater control valve has gone, they go really frequently on Fords, you can pick them up on ebay for about 40 odd quid, hope this helps

Whereabouts on the car are these two items situated so I can investigate?
Thanks for your reply and all the others.

the heater control is built into the back of the speed and temp switches. you'll need to replace the lot, remove the radio and ashtray, there should be about 4 screws holding it in

Replaced the heater control vave and now I'm pleased to say my wife will have heating this Winter!

Sponsored Links
Back