fill the van up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
make sure your van has got loads of fuel. ;) the road blocks are only a few days away :( what's happening in Italy is coming hear and there fuel is cheaper than ours :eek: u have been warned ;)

Sponsored Links
Already filled up mate, no van, no work :rolleyes:

I despise our governmment for their greedy fuel tax, Ok the worlds market price has gone up for oil but they could lower the tax to keep fuel affordable. (Yeah some chance of that :rolleyes: )

We went out for dinner the other night with an American who was on her first trip to the Uk and we told her the price of petrol and she wouldn't believe us :LOL: When we were dropping her off we went past a petrol station and she thought that the price displayed related to a gallon :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (we wish) We had a whole new discussion about litres etc :LOL:

Fuel in the US has gone up to nearly $3 per gallon and they are all moaning about that, imagine if they were paying $10 :eek: the US economy would collapse.

The yanks have no VAT, they have a state sales tax which is between 3% and 6% depending on which state you live in. Can you imagine the difference it would make to the standard of living in the UK if fuel was £1.50 per gallon and we only paid 6% VAT.

Rant over :LOL: :LOL:

make sure your van has got loads of fuel. ;) the road blocks are only a few days away :( what's happening in Italy is coming hear and there fuel is cheaper than ours :eek: u have been warned ;)

Have you heard something specific then billyo or are you guessing that we're in for a bit of the same?

I'm doing cash jobs at the mo ;) Hate to miss out on those because I can't get any diesel - christmas is coming and my goose is getting fatter!

Echo PJHB post, come on Billyo what info do you have, dont have me putting £60 in the van if its scaremongering :LOL:

;)

Sponsored Links
considering what we are doing to the planet in our need for speed the price of oil should be higher, the sooner it runs out the better. ;) (only a wancker will think I'm being serious)

considering what we are doing to the planet in our need for speed the price of oil should be higher, the sooner it runs out the better. ;)

If you dared to look at the consequences you wouldn't say that.

This is Peak Oil, but it's only just beginning. 20 years from now (or even less) we'll be deep into a depression that will last until the day you die. It is a scenario worse than any war, drought or famine in history. No oil means no heating, no plastics, no food or shelter, no civilisation as we know it. Yet we are continuing to fill our overcrowded little island even though it cannot support us all. Almost everything we buy comes from abroad. I bought some carrots the other week that came from Australia! When the price of oil goes ballistic - then all these imports will stop. We will be in dire straits - and that's a fact.
Get over the fact that the government is 'greedy' - it's our money they are collecting to pay for our Police, schools, hospitals etc. The books have to balance one way or another. What you don't pay at the pump you will pay in another way. Just buy a smaller car. Anyone that drives 4X4 and moans about the price of fuel is a complete mug, just get a smaller car! Not rocket science is it?

Stayed in french hotel (novotel chain) recently, shower curtain made in france, hair dryer made in france,how can they do it but over here its all made in china...

when the oil runs out i will buy a steam lorry :LOL: :LOL: and get all the miners who have jobs eleswere, back down the pit if they want too or not :LOL: puff puff puff choo choo :cry:

I have heard nothing about this until now. I got home this afternoon, dropped off the van then went out in Mrs Secure's car, finding out I needed fuel.

I went to one local Shell station - all pumps out of use and the other (a Tesco Express with Esso) was half out of use but heaving. So I got some at a Sainsbury's down the road. Not very busy, but also running dry.

:eek:

The biggest problem is at Croyton which is now Petro-plus, the refinery is only running at 50% capacity because of the last month explosion, will cost them over £7,000,000 to put it right!

The farmers and others will do the road block tonight at coryton but the army & police will be there too!!

Really pointless, the Government won't suffer at all, just the public :cry:

considering what we are doing to the planet in our need for speed the price of oil should be higher, the sooner it runs out the better. ;)

If you dared to look at the consequences you wouldn't say that.

This is Peak Oil, but it's only just beginning. 20 years from now (or even less) we'll be deep into a depression that will last until the day you die. It is a scenario worse than any war, drought or famine in history. No oil means no heating, no plastics, no food or shelter, no civilisation as we know it. Yet we are continuing to fill our overcrowded little island even though it cannot support us all. Almost everything we buy comes from abroad. I bought some carrots the other week that came from Australia! When the price of oil goes ballistic - then all these imports will stop. We will be in dire straits - and that's a fact.
Get over the fact that the government is 'greedy' - it's our money they are collecting to pay for our Police, schools, hospitals etc. The books have to balance one way or another. What you don't pay at the pump you will pay in another way. Just buy a smaller car. Anyone that drives 4X4 and moans about the price of fuel is a complete mug, just get a smaller car! Not rocket science is it?

while i agree with your sentiments i think that you have swallowed the hype about 4x4's.
having four wheel drive does little to affect the fuel consumption but having a big powerful engine does. i had a freelander turbo diesel and it had better consumption better than my new type mini.

i know the big 4x4s are quite poor but so are vans, so are bmw's and jaguars.
some of you will say im wrong but if we take it to the end i am not.

anti 4x4 was started by someone at the bbc who couldnt drop their kids off at school from their big people carriers in chiswick because of the other mums in over large 4x4's

there is people on hear who would have ambulance pulled by donkeys, they have had there 40 years driving in there gas guzzling morris minor. :LOL: HUMBER HAWKS :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back