filling loop on baxi combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
so i had to replace a downstairs rad and after doing so the pressure had dropped to 0.
My limited experience has taught me i need to add water to the system via the filling loop. But....there aint one where i'd expect it to be.
So i bought 2 from screwfix; one with one isolating tap at one end and one with an isolating tap on both ends.
Didn't know which one should be used.
Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure your fill loop is not part of the boiler?
Well if it is i have no idea 'where' it is.
But, am pretty sure it's not.
I don't have a drain off valve on any rad downstairs to attached hose to either, otherwise i could have blasted some water in that way.

Anyway, the 2 filling loops i bought from screwfix.....neither fit!!!!

Some images of the combi boiler taps are //www.diynot.com/network/user_album_update.php?album_id=8533.
I assume that the two taps in pic 1 and on the right of pics 2 and 3 are the ones i need to link with a filling loop???
Could the that red tap/screw thingy be anything to do with it?

Sponsored Links
Connecting a fill loop there would be ok and that red thingy is the pressure relief valve and nothing to do with the fill loop.

Thanks for the confirmation, however the end caps on the taps; when i take them off the actual tap is threaded so the filling loops i bought will certainly not fit as they have standard 15mm nuts on them, the type that you just push 15mm pipe into and simply tighten up.
The two loops i bought from screwfix are apparently the only ones they do but they 'work' with baxi combi boilers (???) according to the guy next door and plumbfix.
Gosh darnit!

Also whatever i manage to connect on to the end caps better do a 90° turn downwards almost immediately as it would hit the front of the boiler otherwise.

I'm almost sure that that boiler came with a factory fitted fill loop between those 2 connections and indeed had 90* bends to accommodate it.

It should be fitted with one!
Have a look on youtube there is a video showing how to top up!

Video is not much help when loop missing from boiler. :)
Lol, very true, thanks! :)

Went back to Screwfix, to their trade plumbing place where they at least have 'some' product knowledge. But they were unable to help me out.
Looks like we'll have to call out a plumber.
Bugger!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back