Filthy Houses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I called at a potential customers house today, as they wanted some electrical work doing.
The house was like something from a TV programme, it was foul.
I made a quick exit! I don't need money that bad and also can do without catching anything nasty!
I wonder what other tradespeople would have done?

Sponsored Links
Pretty much the same, and I tell them on the way out. Then they go on the "list". :LOL:

The ones I love are the council wasters that do nothing but watch jeremy kyle all day and when you walk through the door they use the classic "sorry about the mess, I haven't had time to clean up", or " sorry about the mess I'm doing some decorating" :LOL:

Some years ago I was working on council house refurbs. There was one house where everyone refused to go in until it had been cleaned up. You'd never believe where the woman tenant worked.............. The Tax Office (and she wasn't a cleaner there either)

Last year a mate of mine who was renting a property out, had to physically evict a tenant, who'd wrecked the house. When he eventually got into the property, the kitchen was full of bin bags, chock a block with household waste. The bedrooms were full of rubbish, the bathroom hadn't been used for years and the living room was anything but fit for living in. It took 8 skips to empty the house of the rubbish etc. (and the tenant thought he'd been hard done to by being evicted)

Here's a job i went to for a leaking bath waste causing damage to downstairs flat.
I done the job but made sure i overcharged for suffering the smell & p*ss stains on my knees. :rolleyes:

The whole house was in this condition and owned by a lad in his late twenties who was a manager of the local morrisons store. :rolleyes:

Image211.jpg

Image210.jpg

Sponsored Links
I can't understand why people want to live like that, dread to think what the bathroom was like, where I was.
Cat litter, cat smells, flys and shyte all over the place and they claimed they had been tidying up :eek:

I can't understand why people want to live like that, dread to think what the bathroom was like, where I was.
Cat litter, cat smells, flys and shyte all over the place and they claimed they had been tidying up :eek:

Tidying <> cleaning.

I don't do tidying.

But I do do cleaning.

Used to contract to local councils, doing lock changes. Assisting in evictions.
Many a property had "live" carpets. We refused to go in until the clearance and fumigation squads came in.
Another project was a complete refurb of 800 flats. We secured the properties before the works started.
Kitches with walls inches thick with grease, blocked toilets. Yet some of these people you knew, met in the pub and were "clean". Just goes to show what goes on behind closed doors.

Pretty much the same, and I tell them on the way out. Then they go on the "list". :LOL:

The ones I love are the council wasters that do nothing but watch jeremy kyle all day and when you walk through the door they use the classic "sorry about the mess, I haven't had time to clean up", or " sorry about the mess I'm doing some decorating" :LOL:
Ha Ha, you have that spot on.

I'll never forget I went on a Sunday morning quote to a shytehole in Walsall. Jesus was it bad. The house stunk, the windows falling out but it seemed they wanted the soffits and fascias doing. As the whole thing put me in a mood being a Sunday morning I just dreamt up a silly figure to pee him off, sommat like an extra grand on top.

He rang me the following week and had it done! :eek:

social housing and overflowing cat litter trays in bedrooms and kitchens mmm.welcome to my daily world,but at least i just do the gas work,i pity the poor plumbers :eek:

Worked in a few houses where I've wiped my feet on the way out, but nothing quite as bad as Seco's pics, fortunately we don't do any social housing work which is where the majority of issues seem to be.

The other issue besides dirty houses is smelly customers. Not talking about the farmer who's come in covered in sh*t, because he has a good reason, but the customers you go to who you can smell from the next room because they have a "one bath a year whether they need it or not" approach to hygiene. There's a few around here...anyone else get this?

The other issue besides dirty houses is smelly customers. Not talking about the farmer who's come in covered in sh*t, because he has a good reason, but the customers you go to who you can smell from the next room because they have a "one bath a year whether they need it or not" approach to hygiene. There's a few around here...anyone else get this?

I never knowingly turn down a cup of tea or a biscuit...but sometimes (and plumbers must be hardened to the smell of shyt) the thought of what's swimming in it puts me right off....that, and Earl Grey.

Went to change a WC pan in a disabled man's flat last year. He was huge! No wonder he had trouble walking...and probably finding his knob because the whole bathroom floor stank of p**s. He stank so bad I had to make excuses to get him out of the room so my eyes would stop stinging!

Heard later (from his mum) that several trades had refused to work there unless she took him out for the day.

Wow I'm glad I don't work in any trade where I have to visit people in their homes.

Seems people living like this is more common that we think.

Makes my flat with clothes chucked here, there and everywhere look like something out a catalogue!

Sponsored Links
Back