finding water supply into a house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Have a house hear with no running water inside!

Trying to find the source of it to see if is connected

Where/ how dose water normally come into a property?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1708634001953.png
Look for one of these.

If you still struggle to do so a phone to your water supplier might be worth doing.

Sponsored Links
I have now had a good look around and i cant find anything!
Infact the whole street there dose not appear to be any of those covers located on the front pavement
Look inside the house sometimes the stopcock can be in the kitchen or where it enters the property (front room) etc. Asking your neighbours might be a good thing to do.

Call whoever it is you pay money to for your water supply, and ask them to come and have a look.

They're could charge you for the work, even if the work is merely to find their service valve and stand there pointing a finger at it.

Look inside the house sometimes the stopcock can be in the kitchen or where it enters the property (front room) etc. Asking your neighbours might be a good thing to do.
The front of the house is a bedroom and the rear is a bathroom and what once looked like a kitchen i think

Call whoever it is you pay money to for your water supply, and ask them to come and have a look.

They're could charge you for the work, even if the work is merely to find their service valve and stand there pointing a finger at it.
was hopping to find some answers on the net first

View attachment 334013
Look for one of these.

If you still struggle to do so a phone to your water supplier might be worth doing.
I dont know which one it is from the photos but its a square one (yes finally found it now thanks!). You put you hand inside it and turn a blue handel tap. (yes it was turned off!) However; there is only one tap and I am wondering if it is only my property it serves or next door too? As I would hate to turn it on and flood next door given the story of bough houses! They are semi detached BTW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back