Fingerprint nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

Just signed up because i was looking for some advice from the experts. I have been painting a room and have had a bit of a nightmare with it. I have used Dulux silk paint in pebble drift and for one 4m wall it has taken about 4 coats to finally get an even covering. This i thought would be the end of it, but it appears not. The paint has been on the wall for nearly a month now but whenever you touch it with your finger it leaves a dark mark (i made the mistake of resting my hand on it whilst moving some furniture). I tried a very lightly damp microfibre cloth but this does nothing at all. On one spot i used the same paint (well mixed) with a small roller to touch it up, however after drying this leaves a light patch (i feathered the paint to try to blend in).

Not sure if i am going mad, but these kind of things shouldn't happen should they? I really don't want to have to repaint the whole wall again just to get rid of a few small but noticable finger marks!

Any advice would be welcome. Reading on the web only mentions odd things like using chalk, but i wanted to get some advice first.

Thanks a million!

Sponsored Links
I have a thread on here because of a similar problem with Dulux vinyl soft sheen from the 'mixer' range. See 8 Dec, about page 3 now, there are some photo's as well........."Dulux paint OMG"

We were horrified, never had a paint you couldn't even touch before! Same thing, even after weeks it left shiny fingerprints, wiping made it worse.

Perhaps sufficient to say that we've been given a voucher for 10ltrs Diamond paint, value £110approx, plus £175 cheque. I must say though, can't fault their customer service skills, & not just because of the result.

My first contact with them was via their Facebook page, bit of a public prod voicing my annoyance, got a fast reaction, my advice is don't be cross or rude to the staff, we've had a lovely girl helping bring this to a conclusion.

By chance we appear to have found something that worked well & hasn't involved the expected disheartening total repaint, so walls look OK now. So, what to do with the voucher!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back