fire height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am preparing the hole for the installation of a built-in gas fire. The fitting dimensions for the fire state that the base has to be 300mm from the floor. Leaving the original fireplace lintel in place, I was hoping to achieve around 290mm. However, the floor is bare cement at the moment and my measurements had not taken the new flooring into account. This is to be a solid wood floor which, with underlay is likely to raise the floor height by 20mm or so. Overall it looks like the base of the fire will be 260mm to 270mm from the floor. Am I going to need more drastic surgery to raise the fire to the correct height of 300mm?

Sponsored Links
If the manufactures instruction state equal or greater than 300mm, that is what must be done!
So you may have to install a lintel a course higher and remove the existing one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back