Firebird Combi C26 intermittent problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Firebird Combi Enviromx Slimline C26 boiler (don't laugh). Its less than 18 months old & professionally installed and been working fine until very recently. Now the hot water seeems to be very intermittent. Most of the time its fine but occasionaly it never gets above luke warm. When this happens you can hear the boiler ignite then instantly shut down again and it keep doing this every few seconds.

The pressure is fine. The oil flow is fine. No trip outs or resets, ever. No leaks.

What do I try next?

Thanks in advance
James

Sponsored Links
Sooty photocell, take off the front cover, take off the red cover off the burner and next to the black box with the red button there is a black lead going into the photocell. Wiggle this black plastic thing out and with a piece of dry kitchen paper wipe the end of it, get into the recess and you will find the glass eye, pop it back in, job done.
Welcome to the world of the dirt bird!!!!!!

Brilliant!

I took out the photocell. It was covered in a layer of thick black soot. Cleaned it off, popped it back in. Took 2 mins max.

Lets see if this works!?

Thanks
James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back