First the cooker element, now the fan !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone advise me on the following please.

The oven element on our electric cooker needed replacing so got that job done and all working ok as of friday afternoon. We have used the cooker twice since and all fine and dandy.

But, the wife has just turned the cooker on and the element is heating up fine but the fan is now not spinning.
I can hear the usual low pitched "hum" that it makes and if i watch closely, the fan is turning but only a pitiful amount.

Can anyone confirm if these motors just die and whether it needs replacing, or are there the equivalent of brushes like on a washing machine that could be replaced ??

The cooker is a Stoves Newhome ED600C

Thanks in advance of any replies

Sean

Sponsored Links
complete fan assy ,you cant take them apart ,you could try a squirt of wd40 on it it might be grease caked on it .it might free it up ,try ebay or google for a price on a new one.

Hi - I've exactly the same model and the element has blown (fan is fine!) but I can't budge the two screws that secure it inside the oven, tried wd40, brute force, the lot. I'm now trying to access it from the rear, got the cover off but can't see where either of them come out. If I knew what they were attached to I'd drill them out but it looks like I'll have to take the insulation off which I'm loathe to do.

Anyone out there with any suggestions?

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back