First time fitting kitchen - Any tips advise would help

If your dishwasher is the last item, it won't have a carcass, the door is applied to the appliance.
And you'll just be finishing with the deco end panel.

Or have I misunderstood?

You have perfectly understood. Dishwasher will be the last item. I know the door will fit directly to the DW. Where I need advise is on how to strongly keep in position the decor panel and width I should consider between the last unit and decor panel. Shall I consider as between the last unit and decor panel I can still fit a unit inside or with will be less? I know they are stupid question but I`m worried to get it wrong.

Sponsored Links
Look at the installation sizes for your chosen appliance.

The tolerances are quite small, (something like a few mm each side) it's just a case of sliding the appliance into the gap you've left.

Yes, my integrated freezer butts up to an end panel (instead of another unit)

When I had a peninsular (not an island) I had matching doors fitted to the back of the units.

They were actually hinged, so it was possible to put small items on shelves that could be reached from the other side.

In my case, cookery books, glasses, bottles.

I think that was a great idea.

As for the dishwasher, mine is in a corner, in a slightly oversized space, and has an L-shaped filler to hide the gap beside the appliance. You could do that on your decor panel, I think it would look neater than a plain gap.

What about angle brackets (with short screws into the panel) and secure to the floor.

I would avoid screwing into the floor as the laminate could easily damage if there is any drop of water from the dishwasher. Any other strong fixing option available?

Sponsored Links
Mark where the panel will go on the floor, wall and under worktop.
For wall and under worktop fit angle brackets.
For the floor, use 2 inch pieces of 3M vhb tape front and middle of the panel.
You will need to factor in the 1mm thickness of the 3M tape.

Mark where the panel will go on the floor, wall and under worktop.
For wall and under worktop fit angle brackets.
For the floor, use 2 inch pieces of 3M vhb tape front and middle of the panel.
You will need to factor in the 1mm thickness of the 3M tape.

You mean to stick the bracket with vhb to the floor?

I would avoid screwing into the floor as the laminate could easily damage if there is any drop of water from the dishwasher. Any other strong fixing option available?
Shouldn’t be any water from dishy really.

You could always use a blob of puraflex to stick brackets to floor if you didn’t want to screw it.

Tower fascia infill panel on top and bottom of front oven. How to fix and support these 2 small fascia decoration front panels?

Thanks

I'm in a situation where can't use clips. See photos

Attachments

• 1636031569121584524892453485485.jpg
    1636031569121584524892453485485.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 16360315931579088759452336928706.jpg
    16360315931579088759452336928706.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 54
Beginning to think the only appoach is to use a hot melt glue gun, or possibly double-sided carpet tape

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back