First wetroom - any advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I do my fair share with regard to full bathroom installs. But ive been asked to do a wet room and im unsure if i should take it on.

I always been very afraid to do a wet room with fear of water leakage/damage. Especially when they ask you to do a wet room on the first floor. I can only imagine the damage that could be caused if its not constructed correctly

anyway, I would like some advice for any of you that have done wet rooms and the best way to go about it. Ive seen there are a couple of ways a wetroom can be made water tight via either a 'tanking paint' or a matting that lines the walls and floor.

can anyone advise on the best method to do a wetroom

what sort of costs are we talking about with regard to wetroom construction? i know this is a how long is a piece of string question but what costs would be involved for say a 4m x 4m room with regard to tanking it

thanx in advance for the advice

Sponsored Links
Hi

They can be tricky but not impossible. My advice would be to find someone who has done it before and introduce them to your customer providing if they get the work you can learn and earn alongside them.

My advice is to PREP it 100% properly and dont take any short cuts at all on the materials. Research all the different materials etc available and If in doubt about the floor tiling id consider getting a pro tiler who has experience in them, like i said before dont take any short cuts as its just not worth the risk!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back