Fitting A combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings all

I am planning on removing my back boiler to have it replaced by a combi (as it is just me in the house and my back boiler is terribly innefficient), anyways i was hoping you could point out any obvious pitfalls before i begin.

I am an aircraft engineer by trade and competant at diy/manual tasks but have never tackled a domestic plumbing job of this size.

i intend to put the combi in my current airing cupboard (external wall on1 side) and do all the water side myself then get a corgi guy to connect the gas and test it.

I was originally going to get a plumber to do all the work but i have not had a quote under £2000 (my limit) and i am not sufficiently wealthly to be paying more than this, especially as i have supplied the boiler myself.

appreciate you taking the time to respond
kind regards
dave

Sponsored Links
" do all the water side myself then get a corgi guy to connect the gas and test it. "

A lot of people think that way, but it IS NOT ok, any more than connecting your own gas. If you find a corgi first you should be able to find a compromise, but he won't do the tecky bit at pipe runner's rates.

There's a lot of bits you won't have any idea you need to know. Not the science of the moonly rockets, but a bit like me asking you if I can put the wires in my aeroplane and have you come along and plug the instruments in and give it the once over.

I understand your logic, so this is not a job that should be done myself.

Is £2500 an exceptable price to pay for someone to undertake this work, i have new radiators and boiler so i just need someone to do the job?

kind regards
dave

Sponsored Links
There's quite a list of stuff to be done, so it would help if you agreed to do some - like getting tanks out afterwards, removing the old boiler once it's capped off, getting the mains water to the cupboard.. Well under £2k I'd have thought though without seeing it it's always easy to underestimate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back