New Central Heating INstallation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing some work on my 2 bed, second floor flat.

I have an old back boiler which I want to come out and replace (providing pressure is sufficient) with a condensing combi boiler.

Since the radiators are old and I will not need the cylinder etc if I move to a combi boiler, I am considering replumbing the entire central heating system.

At the moment all pipes are surface mounted along the walls (no floorboards - concrete slab floor) and I want to do something about this. If I'm using a combi boiler (which I assume will have a built in pump), am I in a position to run the pipework up and through the ceiling void, channelling it into the plasterwork down the walls to rads etc?

If not, does anyone have any other ideas?

My intention is to get a corgi plumber in to remove the old back boiler, check pressure is sufficient for combi boiler, drain and remove remainder of the old system myself, plumb in the new water pipes for the CH and then get a corgi back in to install the new boiler, flush the system etc...

Sponsored Links
So you want to rip out your old system yourself & have a new boiler installed? fine, just before you rip it out please remember that the imaginary place that you think will house your new boiler may not conform to the law, get some advice regarding positioning & new gas supply (thought about that) ;)

Will do - intending on getting advice from the Corgi who will be taking out old boiler...

Main concern is where the pipes will run...

Burying them isn't quite trivial - they need room to move, and the heat can blow plaster.
But yes, if you get a Boiler guy in up front and get his advice before you start it could be £50 very well spent. The instalation needs to be Notified to Building Control - do a search, because you need to be sure about which way you're going.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back