Fitting a kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stupid question ! Do i start with the bottom cabinets first or the top ones ?

Also When i removed the old tiles loads of plaster came with them , When i re-tile the kitchen is it ok just to re-tile with out any plaster ( The walls are in good solid form ) If its ok maybe i should paint the walls with some sort of glue ( what type )

Thanks Guys

Sponsored Links
If you fit the base cabinets first, you can position temporary supports on them to help with fixing the wall cupboards (depending on how you choose to go about hanging them). On the other hand, once the base cabinets are in place you'll have further to reach across them when fixing to the walls.

On the tiling question, you'll want to have a reasonably flat and stable substrate to tile to. If you've got chunks of plaster missing, the substrate's not flat. I'd suggest either stripping all the plaster off if you can get a flat surface that way, or filling the gaps with plaster, whichever is easier.

i always work down ie wall cabinets 1st then the floor bases.

leave all the doors off till the end so they can't get damaged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back