Fitting a security light

I think I will continue to be a naughty boy and add part L to my list of sins.

Tut-tut!
If you care to look at the document mentioned by BAS the you can find it here.
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/buildingregulations/approveddocuments/partl/approved
But I am not sure what law BAS believes you are contravening.
As I understood it, unless amendment state otherwise.
Fixed external lighting can be fitted if automatically controlled to switch off during daylight, switch off when not required(vague but when people are not detected) and have maximum lamp capacity of 150W or are energy efficient

Sponsored Links
Just slap a 70W HQI flood up. You'll get more light than a 500W halogen flood, for less than a fifth of the electric, and you can buy them off the shelf with a built in dawn till dusk switch.

Easy as peas.

That link above didn't work for me.

I know some of the things in Part L may leave people thinking how the law will work with their own requirements and desires.

Sponsored Links
Fixed external lighting can be fitted if automatically controlled to switch off during daylight, switch off when not required(vague but when people are not detected) and have maximum lamp capacity of 150W or are energy efficient
I have a basic 500W outdoor security floodlight and would like to install it on my premises for the added security.
This one does not have motion detector. I already have a motion detector light currently in place. I would like to wire this into an off switch and turn it on when I leave and leave it on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back