Fitting a toilet advice?

Hpd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I’m replacing an upstairs toilet and this is what the pan connector goes into, but had a huge bead of silicone around it to fill the gap. What do the pros usually do here?

Attachments

• IMG_2081.jpeg
    IMG_2081.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
Yep, that looks like some kind of pan connector extension with black fins that's been fitted into a socket elbow, does that whole thing pull out of the pipe that's in the floor that's heading right?

Yeah the pan connector pulls out of the elbow. It does seem to fit well before the elbow widens to 125mm. Is there a much wider pan connector? Or suggest remove the entire elbow from the soil pipe?

Sponsored Links
You say the pipe is 125mm, not standard 110mm (4") soil pipe? 125mm is a very unusual size. Take the extension out of the elbow and post a pic, is that opening (socket?) not 110mm? If so then that elbow socket would usually just take a small piece of pipe then a normal swan neck pan connector would be used.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hpd
Thanks for the info, it is 125mm yeah which I thought was odd… and now you’ve explained how it’s normally done it definitely isn’t standard!

I had to crack on with the job and decided the pan connector fitted snug into the socket and has worked well for 30+ years so just replaced it with a new one and all works great.

Still unsure why it’s that size socket/elbow but the toilet hides it anyway (which it didn’t before) so happy days

Thanks again all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back