Fitting Basin & Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right.... I've nearly completed the MAJOR en-suite refurbishment that some people might have been following on here!

I've tiled the floor and mapped out where my pipes are under the boards. Could you give me an idea of the best way to fit the pedestal basin and toilet? Is it worth using silicone for the installation of the units to the floor? I guess the 2 screws through the base of the toilet will steady it also.

Also when fitting the skirting board to finish the whole job would you sit this on a bead of silicone or not bother?

Just wondered what tips and trick anyone had.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
ok this is what i do right or wrong, i sit the pan on 4 of the white window shims (but thin pieces of wood will do), i then use CT1 adhesive/sealer to go around & under the pan, smooth off (just like the seal along the bath) & leave it overnight, next day remove the shims (or wood) & fill in the gaps where they were, it works everytime & the pan won't move anywhere, i never drill & screw a pan through tiles, the basin ped only needs not to move so i seal around the base (no wood or shims this time) & seal around between the basin & ped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back