Fitting in 2 ensuites

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

House has got an old extension over garage, in which 2 bedrooms were created and large landing.

Im thinking of utilising the space to create ensuite to each room, and acess to each room as well. Total space is about 8.5ft x 9ft

Is this possible? Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links

Sorry

Added picture and forgot about the comments.

Just to add: I'm currently looking at different architects hence why this has not already been drawn up properly. Just seeing what is viable, I'm hoping somehow they can fit in. New roof will be going in around the same time, and hoping to add a velux window for each one as well for light and ventilation.

I would be grateful if people have done similar and could post the footprint and maybe some pics of it.

I would like a toilet, basin and 900mm shower in each (square or quadrant)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've just finished an ensuite off our master bedroom and I found that 1.6m x 1.6m of internal space left plenty of room for a sink, 900 quadrant shower and a loo. It has a 27" door opening inwards, the loo is directly in front of you when you walk in, the shower is diagonally opposite and the sink is to your left. Heating is via electric underfloor heating and there is a small electric towel rail too.

The room is plenty big enough and doesn't feel tight for space at all. There is no window but mechanical extraction and a frosted glass door to the bedroom.

I've just finished an ensuite off our master bedroom and I found that 1.6m x 1.6m of internal space left plenty of room for a sink, 900 quadrant shower and a loo. It has a 27" door opening inwards, the loo is directly in front of you when you walk in, the shower is diagonally opposite and the sink is to your left. Heating is via electric underfloor heating and there is a small electric towel rail too.

The room is plenty big enough and doesn't feel tight for space at all. There is no window but mechanical extraction and a frosted glass door to the bedroom.

Thanks

Looking at the measurements, 1.6m would mean the hallway to the doors for the bedroom would be about 900mm wide.

How wide is your sink?

Some images of en-suite's I've found. Don't need them to be spacious, but not claustrophobic either. Don't mind having 2 different styles either.

Looking at the first one, looks around 1200 x 1900.
Last one is 1500 x 1500

Don't mind the door opening out into the bedroom to save space. The last pic looks doable, and I think it can be made slightly smaller if the sink was moved over, and single door.

Any particular reason for two ensuites? I'm assuming their is already a family bathroom, so that would mean 3 bathrooms for what is presumably a standard sized family house, which seems excessive. What about a jack and jill bathroom (one bathroom - access from both bedrooms)? It would mave it a much more generous size, and you could even put two sinks to give each room occupant a bit of personal space. I'm assuming they are childrens rooms?

Any particular reason for two ensuites? I'm assuming their is already a family bathroom, so that would mean 3 bathrooms for what is presumably a standard sized family house, which seems excessive. What about a jack and jill bathroom (one bathroom - access from both bedrooms)? It would mave it a much more generous size, and you could even put two sinks to give each room occupant a bit of personal space. I'm assuming they are childrens rooms?

Hi Jay

Yes it has a family bathroom, which isn't the biggest to be fair, but enough for a bath, sink, toilet currently, and hoping to add a shower cubicle (to replace airing cupboard) or change for a P-shape bath.

Not the biggest of houses, but nor is it small. It's a 5-bed, with the space I want the en-suite's in being used as a study. I'm just trying to maximise the houses 'features'. I currently let the property out, but next year I will be moving in myself and I will be renovating it and thought it would be a good idea. May not fit it all out, but would atleast put the walls up for them. Did think of a jack&jill, but rather have 2 ensuites if I can.

I have an architect coming round this weekend, but trying to gather ideas to put forward to him.

Thought I'd update this following initial drawings from architect

The corridor to enter rooms will be 950mm wide. Each ensuite will be 1875 x 1237mm, and will mean no loss of space from bedrooms

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back