fitting new kitchen sink unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
apologies for this but my username sums me up
purchased a one and a half bowl stainless steel sink and mixer tap combo from screwfix to fit into my old mums kitchen.
also got two isolating valve thingys
the sink came with two flexible pipes for connecting to the existing hot and cold pipes via a screw connector
my question is

can i fit the isolating valves to the existing pipes and then to the screw connector having removed the top olive and nut or do they have to be connected individually with the olive in place

i tried to connect the flexi pipe with the olive in place but couldnt get the screw connector to catch on the isolator valve
or do you have to place the olive inside the pipe you are connecting

or should i call a plumber !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
can i fit the isolating valves to the existing pipes and then to the screw connector having removed the top olive and nut
Yes, but make sure there are washers in the nuts on the end of the tap tails.

thanks for that chris
the inside of the pipe tails are rubberised but i did think of sticking a washer inside

The rubberised bit is the washer. You shouldn't need to put an extra one in. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
fitted it sunday

no reports of flooding .............................. yet

thanks guys

:LOL: :LOL:

Thank you for posting back (not many do). :D

It's nice to know when things work out..........makes it all worthwhile somehow.........

still got some electrics to do but trying to let the young brother do that

thanks again for the advice and info

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back