Fitting New Worktop - Do i need Gas Safe engineer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, i'm looking to replace my kitchen worktop but I have a gas hob which as I understand it requires a Gas Safe Engineers to carry out any work on it to comply with safety regulations.

As the same time as replacing the worktop i'm also replacing the gas hob with a new like for like (same size etc.).

My question is, do i have to get a Gas Safe engineer out to disconnect the existing gas hob, I carry out the joinery work, and then I have to get the engineer out again to reconnect the new hob??

Seems a little convoluted and I just wanted to check this was the correct procedure?

Many thanks for any input.

Sponsored Links
If competent you can disconnect and reconnect you own hob, key word there is COMPETENT. If not get gas safe guy in.

The gas hob in my old flat had a connector similar to a light bulb has, simply push in and twist anti-clockwise to remove. Maybe yours will be the same?

Sponsored Links
The gas hob in my old flat had a connector similar to a light bulb has, simply push in and twist anti-clockwise to remove. Maybe yours will be the same?

Seen them (bayonet fittings) on ovens, never seen one on a hob!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back