Dodgy gas fitting and kitchen revamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I hope someone is able to help with my query.

We're getting our house ready for sale and rather than fitting a new kitchen we were wondering about just replacing doors and worktops. My only reservation is that we have a hob in the middle of the room which is supplied by flexible tubing at a length that no longer complies with regulations.

Will we be ok to fit a new worktop and keep the hob and strange gas supply or will we need to get everything to current standards even if it's just a cosmetic change?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
From a non professional and purely personal opinion.

I would suggest you replace the tops - say nothing and sell the house. If its picked up on a survey then so be it, sort it then if requested.

Unless you need to include it in the governments HIP's or sellers packs (whatever they are called) i'd tart the room up - sell up, and let someone else deal with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back