Fitting replacement uPVC door and Frame help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thers a question below which sort of covers some of this. I have a rotten frame and door which has a gap size of 2110 (h) x 860 (w) cm. The nearest door I can find with frame is 2100 x 850.

So not a huge gap but 5cm, in effect, all round is a reasonable gap. Suggestions please on how to hang the frame and fill in the gap. I presume that the addition of the plastic sill will probably take care of some if not all the height difference but maybe not?

Sponsored Links
You're gap is not 5cm , but 5mm each side if I am reading this right. If your doorway is 2110cm high X 860cm wide then it would be about 69ft high X 28ft wide. With a 5mm gap it will be a tight fit and you may not get a cill on the bottom.

Did I mention it was a big house?

DOH! DOH! DOH! DOH! DOH! DOH! DOH! DOH!

That of course shoud be mm...... :oops:

Your're right a tight fit but I have some play at the bottom with about 10mm of cement that the current door is sitting on. (Think with this stunning and remarkable revelation about reading sizes correctly I don't actually have a problem!)

:idea:

Sigh!

You dont have a problem, that is noraml clearance for a door/window when they are manufactured.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back