Fitting Spirotech MagnaBooster MB3 DIY

From 2 - 3 (blue) you could use a U-bend... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15mm-22mm...rn-bend-plumbing-diy-new-u-bend-/161161553662

If so then it may well be better all-round to get a plumber in to solder 90 degree bends off the return flow pipe as well as the U-bend. If you decide to get someone in to solder make sure the filter is fitted between 1 - 2 before that final 90 degree bend is soldered!

I would also feel inclined to support this additional pipework to the wall with a couple of pipe clips (along 3 - 4 may be best place for that).
Was trying to avoid the soldering and just use compression fittings.
The U-bend is useful, does it come in a compression fit version as well?

Yes it will need a few pipe clips to support it, and the Magnabooster is quite heavy.

Not sure if I can get a pipe bender and bend the pipe roughly in the shape of a "?" from 2 to 4

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Fook me the time and effort u have put into this, have you considered you could have just paid someone to do it?

If u pipe it how you have drawn. Your stytem won't work anymore

You'll create an airlock that you'll never clear. And even if u did air would collect there again. Needs a way of getting the air out if u create a high point;)

Without being on the job it's difficult to tell from the pics. Maybe I would do similar to your plan but allow provision for removing the air

Sponsored Links
You'll create an airlock that you'll never clear. And even if u did air would collect there again. Needs a way of getting the air out if u create a high point;)

Without being on the job it's difficult to tell from the pics. Maybe I would do similar to your plan but allow provision for removing the air
It's a very good point about the airlock at the high point.
But would the air be sufficient to stop the system working. Air can be compressed, water can't.
And when the water is flowing, would the air not just be forced around the system to some other point in the system.

Due to the very tight conditions, there is no vertical or horizontal pipe where I could fix the Magnabooster and I have to create space to drain it as well. Where the pump is currently located is the only vertical section, but then that is the flow and not the return.

Any thoughts about how to create a way of releasing the air.

Might just attach one of these valves at point 2 to release the air, and use a T joint at point 2 as well.

Attachments

• AirRelease.jpg
    AirRelease.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 135
How much room do you need?, fitting on the return is only really for combis / low water content heat exchangers. On a prima?, buy a bung kit and stick it above the pump. 145mm of pipe needs cutting out if I remember.

You could try an air release valve. There are even automatic ones;)
Couldn't see any on ebay, manual or automatic.
Perhaps you can recommend one, or post a link.

Not sure how the automatic air release valves work. When they release the air, I guess water comes out as well?

Where would be the best place to incorporate one of these valves in my proposed layout.

Thanks

Hi
I can't open the 2 air release vents shown with the green and red arrows.
The red arrow one has no screw driver slot.

Any thoughts of how to get them to open.

Thanks

Attachments

• AirRelease2.jpg
    AirRelease2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 151
the red arrow, you loosen the cap. It should undo with your fingers but you might need a gripping tool. Don't crush it.

The one behind the red arrow is no problem.......
but this one won't budge.....don't want to damage it........

It doesn't look like there's much point opening the green one as the pipe appears to head straight up to the red one...

It doesn't look like there's much point opening the green one as the pipe appears to head straight up to the red one...
Yes, was wondering that myself. I guess they must had some reason when they designed the system.

The water flows from the Red to the Green, don't know if that makes a difference.

Automatic Air Release valves - are they reliable or do they start to leak after a while?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back