Fitting Surrey flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hyperthetical at the moment, but if I were to fit a surrey flange what would be the correct procedure for draining down, ie should the whole of the HWS Vessel be drained?

Sponsored Links
just isolate the feed gate valve to the cylinder and run the hot tap to till it stops
then you can put a cloth around the pipe exiting the top of the cylinder and release the pipe and fitting and fit the surrey flange.

Not really any need to drain down at all when fitting a Surrey flange.

Just make sure cold feed turned off properly and open the lowest hot tap to empty pipework.

Have an old towel or rag handy to soak up small ammount of water displaced when fitting.

Thanks guys, just close the cold feed to the cylinder and drain hot at lowest point.
Also while on the subject, I take it I will need irons for the Surrey threads? ?22mmX1" Would I be feeding the shower pump in 22mm or 15mm. If 15mm I would then need a reducer from the 22mm? Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Mike,

Geat the Slamader S Flane from Screwfix, it comes with the option of male or female connections so NO additional connections needed.

Pipework sizes would normally be 22mm all the way to the shower valve.

Rico

If you do get the one from screw-fix make sure its the right size for your cylinder as they sell a 1" one as well. And remember if you isolate the cold feed only you will be draining the cws tank (waste of water) bung it or as seco said shut 3/4 " gate valve (if it closes)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back