Fitting Thermostat / Timer on Worcester 350 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an old worcester 350 combi boiler fitted in the garage, but with no internal room thermostat.
I've taken a look and seems to be simple enough to fit - from the installation manual just connect to terminal block 4.
for the thermostat I've been looking at some wireless honewell ones, but seems to be almost the same price to get one with a timer too, something like the CM927.

So here's the question - can i set the boiler to be "always on", connect the thermostat / timer to the room thermostat point, and let that control the schedule, or will that do some damage somewhere ? Should I leave the facia programmer connected, or should it be disabled in some way ?

thanks for your help
sam

Sponsored Links
I've taken a look and seems to be simple enough to fit - from the installation manual just connect to terminal block 4.
You use the two end terminals, which will be linked together as you have no stat. Remove the link!

something like the CM927
Probably the best around.

Can i set the boiler to be "always on", connect the thermostat / timer to the room thermostat point, and let that control the schedule
You will have to leave the existing timer in place. Just set it to always on for CH, it won't do any harm. (HW can still be timed if you want it)

The supply to the thermostat receiver should be on continuously. You could take it from the Mains connections at the boiler. You should use a heat resistant 4-core (plus earth) cable between the receiver and the boiler.

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

The only thing about the worcester instructions is the third neutral connection from the thermostat - here's a snip from the manual

Can I ignore this if i'm using the CM927 and connect the L + N supply, then A and B terminals to the two end terminals ?

cheers
sam

Can I ignore this if i'm using the CM927 and connect the L + N supply, then A and B terminals to the two end terminals ?
Yes, ignore the neutral connection shown in the diagram. It was required for the old mechanical thermostats.

Sponsored Links
sorry park E if not required not sure what you mean thanks
dont use earth if not required got it thanks

View media item 90366is this correct remove link
Yes. Looks like it.
Your pic is too blurred but it should say Room Stat next to it.

and fit n/o and com which is which on the x4 block
is com last termanal thanks
From Fig.7 the terminal nearest the edge of the board will be the Switched Live (to NO) and the one next to it Live (to Com) -
but the way you are wiring the thermostat it doesn't really matter which is which as the thermostat just connects them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back