Fixed Radiator

Baxi 80e and 105e two of the most reliable boilers around and if on rare occasion thet do go wrong simple and cheap to fix.

Sponsored Links
you mean Suprima ??? all boilers that fail under the years guarantee would be repaired free of charge and why should they be recalled when there is no safety issues involved what so ever :LOL:

and what i meant was they have one fitted internally and therefore dont need another one externally :idea: :idea: :idea:

and i doubt if you know more about boilers than me as i have been working with them for many years :cool:

gazthepottertonengineer said:
you mean Suprima ??? all boilers that fail under the years guarantee would be repaired free of charge and why should they be recalled when there is no safety issues involved what so ever :LOL:

and what i meant was they have one fitted internally and therefore dont need another one externally :idea: :idea: :idea:

and i doubt if you know more about boilers than me as i have been working with them for many years :cool:

Its not always about safety, servicable life should be a consideration, the "New Scientist" stated the average cost effective life to be 3 years, Suprima (that better) Pcb what are we on about the 30th modification, then we have the cost to the client, shall we say £250 average for cheap made to fail components. Spares for the Suprima total in excess of £2000.00 I think someone work out, the pump 3 times the price of a bog standard Grundfos, Divertor valve 3 times the price of a Honeywell.

Sorry Quality and potterton/baxi are not the same, and for your benefit neither are most of the other low budget boilers.

And on that note, welcome to our forum and I appreciate you and your Company for putting themselves in the frying pan, No other Manufacturer has had the bottle

Perhaps I should invite you to join www.argi.org.uk where you can learn more about what the RGI thinks of the trade in general.

Psssssssssssst bin at it since 1958 working on boilers up to 3,000,000 btus.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

regards

john thescruff

doitall said:
i didnt think this particular boiler needed a bypass ?? might be worth a phone call to manafacturers ?? if it does then you could always have an automatic bypass fitted elsewhere in system !!! :idea:

All Boilers require an auto by-pass of some sort when TRV are installed on all the rads.

The thing that has escaped the professionals notice so far is why the rad is hot, Perhaps the heating is still programmed ON or it has a faulty divertor valve, either way the rad should be as cold as the rest.

Suprised trainee hasn't picked up on this yet.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Have picked up on it, just letting you have this fight on your own :LOL: I`m a good boy I am :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well, I reckon that what I am going to do now is wait for the Autumn chill, and then let you know how I am getting on. Meanwhile, I think that you all are brilliant.

thats with all products im sure if you was going to add up all the spare parts on a Ford Focus they would come to 4 times as much as whole car as well so its unfair to pick on potterton or boiler manafacturers in General :!:

and suprima pcb did have some problems but it didnt stop it from being the best selling boiler for 10 years :!:

and the new pcbs are fine and have no problems whatso ever :!:

and thank you fow welcoming me

Gary

Gary

Christ they should be they have had 10 years since the boiler was first sold to come up with a working one

thats with all products im sure if you was going to add up all the spare parts on a Ford Focus they would come to 4 times as much as whole car as well so its unfair to pick on potterton or boiler manafacturers in General :!:

and suprima pcb did have some problems but it didnt stop it from being the best selling boiler for 10 years :!:

and thank you fow welcoming me

Gary

I'm not in the motor trade, although I understand the British market get ripped off over the price of new cars as well.

Why should shares on the shelf be more expensive than when the part is installed unless its profiteering and that's a general consensus with all budget boiler manufacturers.

Potterton knew they had continued problems with their PCBs why didn't they replace them free of charge instead of the end user paying £3-4 hundred quid every few years, as I said in the States they would have recalled the product.

Deary me dia, your halo must be slipping?

Spares for the Suprima total in excess of £2000.00 I think someone work out, the pump 3 times the price of a bog standard Grundfos, Divertor valve 3 times the price of a Honeywell.

You'll have to look in a Suprima sometime?

Recent Vaillants - none of them need an external bypass of any sort.

Btw none of the Potterton's I've put in has failed, to my knowledge. But ALL the Vaillants, up to a year ago, have.

ChrisR said:
Deary me dia, your halo must be slipping?

Spares for the Suprima total in excess of £2000.00 I think someone work out, the pump 3 times the price of a bog standard Grundfos, Divertor valve 3 times the price of a Honeywell.

You'll have to look in a Suprima sometime?

Recent Vaillants - none of them need an external bypass of any sort.

Btw none of the Potterton's I've put in has failed, to my knowledge. But ALL the Vaillants, up to a year ago, have.

How many Suprima Boards have you sold in the last year Chris 200 plus.

And I did say all low budget boilers and not only Potterton/baxi.

Grants do a 15 year warrantee on their heat exchangers, how long are Vaillant, Ideal, Potterton and the rest, excluding Viessmann, Atag and a couple of other quality boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back