New radiators before new boiler installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an query regarding central heating replacement in stages. I have an old central heating system and am looking to replace next summer. However, I would like to add a radiator or two now to prepare for winter (previous french doors and wall knocked through means less radiators than there used to be).

My question is how should I go about this? My thoughts are to flush the system, add the couple of radiators now and add inhibitor. Next summer I will get someone in to do the boiler/hot water tank and I will replace some of the other old radiators.

The current system is a gravity feed system. Replacement will should not affect the radiator plumbing around the house just the pipework to boiler.

Any thoughts / comments? Is there a better approach?

Harry

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I understand a new boiler / tank will affect the radiator circuit at the point where is connects to the primary. My point was the majority of the radiator circuit is not affected so adding a radiator or two at this point should be OK.

What I dont want is to add a couple of radiators now and then be told at the time I have the boiler replaced that I have wasted my time/money.

No, I am not Harry from Moorside Edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back