Fixing Bath in Place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping to fit my corner bath this evening, and just wanted some guidance.

I have fixed some battens to the wall, and had read I can use silicone to fix the bath to the wall. Does this sound right? I've read of others using gripfill to fix it to the wall, so wasn't sure.

Sponsored Links
I use silicone. Offer the bath up to the wall and ensure it's perfectly level and not wobbling. Mark a line on the wall along top of bath. Pull bath out a little and put a generous amount of silicone under the line. Push bath firmly into place and screw feet down.
It will help stabilise it and seal behind it.
After tilling will need to apply silicone again between tiles and bath. Before doing this weigh bath down. I usually fill right up with water otherwise you risk splitting the silicone when you do fill it as the bath will be pulled down and away from tiles slightly.

Thank you. Is normal silicone sealant ok, or will I require one with adhesive as well. (I believe homebase do one called silicone xp)

Sponsored Links
Sanitary silicon will be fine. You'll more than likely have enough from a single tube of white to do the whole job including the tile/bath sealant bead (just need a different/finer nozzle)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back